- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 (300g) golden delight potatoes, peeled, chopped
- 1kg butternut pumpkin, peeled, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon dried chilli flakes
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 litre vegetable stock
- 1/2 cup pure cream or yoghurt
- Pure cream, chopped fresh chives and toast, to served
Heat oil in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic. Cook, stirring, for 3 minutes or until onion has softened. Add potato and pumpkin. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until potato starts to brown. Add chilli and coriander. Cook for 1 minute or until fragrant.
Add stock. Cover. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer for 10 to 12 minutes or until potato and pumpkin are tender. Set aside for 2 minutes to cool slightly.
Blend in batches until smooth. Return to pan over low heat. Stir in cream or yoghurt. Cook for 1 minute or until heated through. Season with pepper. Divide between bowls. Top with cream or yoghurt and chives. Serve with toast or crackers and enjoy!