- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion – peeled and diced
- 2 cloves garlic – peeled and crushed
- 1 tsp hot curry powder
- 300g (11oz) sweet potato – peeled weight and diced
- 250g (9 oz) butternut squash – peeled weight and diced
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tbsp basil leaves – torn
- 750ml (1¼pts) vegetable stock (2 stock cubes)
- 250ml (9fl oz) milk
1. Heat oil in large saucepan, add onion and garlic, cook until soft, add curry powder and cook a further minute.
2. Add sweet potato and butternut squash, stir and cook for 2 minutes.
3. Add salt, basil leaves, stock and soya alternative, bring to the boil and reduce to a simmer for 20 minutes or until the sweet potato is cooked.
4. Blend or process vegetable mixture until smooth.
5. Serve soup hot or cold with chopped basil or chives.